Earlier tonight I sent my buddy Frank Chimero an IM that simply said,
“Idea: Make a deck of Magic: The Gathering cards based around current and classic designers.”
“i’m tapping 7 mana to summon josef muller brockmann
And with that we decided to create a contest where you, the reader, should design a Magic: The Gathering card for your favorite artist/designer/architect. Frank and I are both nerds and played magic when we were younger, so this is our tribute to this fine sport.
Here’s the gist:
– They can be dead or alive.
– Their Mana needs to be their country of origin or where they currently reside, the choice is yours. As you can see Josef is Swiss powered. You design what you think is rad.
– You must create original artwork for this. I made that whole damn card, except for Mr. Brockmann’s portrait which was done by Frank, in like 3 hours, so no whining.
– Make it funny. This is a stupid contest, so be creative and have fun!
– All designs should be 8″ wide at 72 DPI so it fits in the blog nicely.
The deadline for this little contest is Saturday, March 20th at Midnight PST. Frank and I will be judging these Sunday and then announce the winners on Monday. The winner will receive some Frank Chimero posters or maybe some of the weird crap he’s been buying lately like this pipe smoking viking. No matter what we promise it’ll be cool shit.
Please send all entries to [email protected] with the title Magic: The Designinging. Failure to do so may get you kicked out of the contest and all that jazz.
Happy designing and if you have any questions just leave them in the comments.
Bobby + Frank
P.S. We have no affiliation with Wizards of the Coast. Please don’t sue us.